Reverse Osmosis Systems in Havertown, PA
Schedule an Appointment with Our Experts
We'll get back to you shortly!
The Benefits of a Whole-House Reverse Osmosis System
Why should you choose a reverse osmosis water treatment system? Because you deserve to drink healthy water, first of all. The reasons many homeowners choose such a system for their home include:
- Minimal Maintenance Needs: There are not many mechanical components required for a reverse osmosis system to function, which makes it an easy system to maintain. RO systems should be inspected at least once a year.
- Highly Effective: Did you know that RO systems are 99% effective at clearing contaminants out of your water on a molecular level? This makes them one of the most effective kinds of water treatment systems on the market.
- Self-Cleaning: As we mentioned above, the cross-flow operation of a reverse osmosis system means that the semi-permeable membrane essentially cleans itself. We do recommend, however, that you have the membrane replaced once a year to ensure your RO system will continue to work effectively.
Does Your RO System Need Repair?
As we said, there are little mechanical components making up a reverse osmosis system. Therefore, you might not expect to run into repair needs, right? Well, there are a couple repair issues that you should be aware of.
- Bladder Damage: One of the more common repair needs for a reverse osmosis system has to do with the storage tank component. Inside this tank is a part known as the bladder, which is placed within the tank to help regulate water pressure. Sometimes, this bladder can become damaged, or it can even deflate. This results in low water pressure from your faucet or from your reverse osmosis spigot.
- Check Valve Malfunction: Another common repair need associated with these water treatment systems involves the check valve. This component ensures that only clean water enters the storage tank while it diverts the contaminated water from the system.
- Leaks: Sometimes these valves can develop leaks, which can cause the check valve to stop working. This issue could also potentially develop with the flow restrictor, another valve that keeps the clean water separate from wastewater.
If you have an RO system in place and suspect something is amiss with it, please don’t hesitate to give our Havertown, PA team a call!
No Gimmicks, No Hassle, Just Savings
High Efficiency Water Heaters
Get a $350 PECO Rebate on Energy-Efficient Water Heaters
10% Off First Emergency Heating Service
For Repairs Only
Trust the Word of Our Valued Customers
Brian was professional and did a great job 5 stars.
– Kevin B