No one wants to find a leak in their home but sometimes it is inevitable. Old pipes spring a leak and even new pipes can encounter a problem. The key is that, if you have a leak, you want to get it fixed fast. That can be hard to do if you don’t know you have a leak though!
So how do you know you have a leak before you have a giant puddle in your home? And, if you realize you have a leak, what are the steps you should take to handle it? We can answer both of your questions and help you deal with your leak too.
How To Tell You Have a Leak
It can be harder to determine if you have a leak when it is hidden in your floors or walls. So how do you catch a leak before it causes major, noticeable water damage? Here are the signs to look for:
- The sound of running water without source: If none of the water-based appliances in your home are in use but you hear the water running, it is likely due to a leak.
- Your water meter is always running: Even if you don’t hear running water, your water meter running without any water being requested is a dead giveaway of a leak.
- There is low water pressure: Do you turn on your faucet or your shower and notice that your regular water pressure has reduced to a light stream or a trickle? This is a sign of a leak somewhere in your plumbing.
- The smell of mold or mildew: Smell something musty? It is like caused by water creating a damp environment that has created mold or mildew growth.
Steps to Deal With a Leak
If you are encountering any of the above signs of a leak or you already have found that tell-tale puddle, you can follow these steps to get the leak taken care of.
- Step 1. Schedule Leak Detection. Whether you’ve noticed some signs of a leak or you believe it is time to perform a check on your pipes, you can schedule a leak detection service to figure out if and where you have a leak.
- Step 2. Set Up Pipe Repair or Replacement. When a leak or two are found, let your professional plumber in Aston, PA assess the leak and determine whether you need a pipe repair or replacement.
- Step 3. Schedule Preventative Services. Save yourself some stress by helping your pipes with some preventative maintenance. You can schedule drain cleaning to help keep your plumbing clear and prevent frequent leaks.
If you have a leak in your home, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for professional services. We also offer emergency plumbing services because we know that leaks don’t happen on schedule. With the help of our professional plumbers, you can enjoy effective and timely plumbing services.
Contact Walsh Brothers Plumbing and Mechanical Services, Inc. to schedule your next plumbing repair or any other service you need. We are Fast-Friendly-Reliable.