Saving water is an important goal to have. It is better for your bills and for the Earth as a whole, and we all want to help out our home planet. Sometimes it can seem easier said than done. Where do you start?
The team at Walsh Brothers Plumbing and Mechanical Services, Inc. can help you with this. We have some great ideas on ways that you can save water this summer and throughout the rest of the year. All you need to do is keep reading and contact us when you need a little extra help with the plumbing appliances in your home.
5 Tips to Help You Save Water
We all want to do our part to save water and make things easier on our monthly bills and on Mother Earth. Here are five great tips to help you get started.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth. It can come as a surprise that people still leave the faucet on while they brush their teeth but they do! And it is a huge waste of water. Make sure to turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth and even while shaving.
- Upgrade to low-flow fixtures. Low-flow fixtures such as showerheads, toilets, and faucets can all help you use far less water. These appliances can make a difference in gallons.
- Address leaks as soon as you find them. We all know leaks are bad news. But did you know they can make a huge difference in your water use? It’s true. You need to reach out to a plumber in Malvern, PA the moment you find a leak to help save any wasted water.
- Water your plants after sunset. When the temperatures are high, your plants are going to dry out quite quickly. While we don’t suggest seeing how long your plants can go before they give out, we do suggest watering them after sunset. This will reduce the amount of water that evaporates before it can be soaked into the soil, saving you water and making things easier on your plants.
- Keep your showers on the shorter side. After a long day of sweating and getting things done, a long shower can sound like the best thing in the world. While we all know how good a shower can be, keeping your shower to ten minutes or less is going to help save gallons of water in the long run–and you can still get squeaky clean.
Using these tips to start your journey towards saving water is a great idea. At the end of the day, keeping your plumbing in good shape is going to be a huge boost towards helping you with this effort as well. That’s what we are here for.
Walsh Brothers Plumbing and Mechanical Services, Inc. can provide you with the plumbing services you need to keep your appliances, pipes, and drains working right. All you have to do is contact us.
Fast-Friendly-Reliable: Contact us to schedule your plumbing services. One call does it all.