We know that replacing any of your home comfort systems is a bothersome ordeal. From choosing the new system that you’ll be putting in, to figuring out who you can trust to get the installation done right, there is a lot of stress and money involved.
It is understandable then why you would be hesitant to get started on the process of replacing a boiler. However, we can help.
For starters, you should know that we offer some of the best work quality for boiler service in Haverford, PA. Another way we can help is by giving you the information that will allow you better prep and plan ahead for your replacement so you can enjoy a stress-free experience.
When You May Need To Replace Your Boiler
Boilers are effective heating systems that have the ability to last for a long time. However, this doesn’t mean they’ll last forever. Eventually, your boiler will need to be replaced. It helps to know when that time is coming so you can be prepared. These are some indicators to watch for:
- The boiler is over 15 years old: We know age is just a number but in this case, that number is pretty important. That is because a boiler heater that is 15 years or older will be much more likely to give out than a newer system would. If your boiler is this old or getting close, you should consider a replacement.
- It is losing energy efficiency: Have you noticed that your boiler’s energy efficiency seems to be on the decline?
- Heating times are getting longer: When you turn on your boiler you should get heat relatively quickly. If you are waiting for five to ten minutes to feel any warmth though, your system may be on its way out.
- There is a leak: If there is a leak in your boiler tank there is likely a valve or seal that has worn out and broken. In some cases, this can be repaired. However, a leak in your tank itself is a bigger problem that can only be fixed by a replacement.
- Your fuel costs are through the roof: Heating your home shouldn’t cost you the entirety of your savings account. If the utility bills make you consider wearing fives layers instead of turning on your boiler, you should opt for a boiler replacement.
What Comes Next?
If you have noticed one or more of the signs above, it is likely that you may have a boiler replacement in your near future. The key here is to be prepared. Don’t wait! Instead, start doing research on your next system now.
Our team is available to assist you every step of the way. We can help you determine whether your boiler needs repairs or a full replacement and we can even help you determine which system replacement is best for you. All you have to do is call.
Serving Delaware County, Main Line, and the Philadelphia Area since 1959. You’ll always be in good hands with Walsh Brothers. Contact us today.