Temperatures around here aren’t likely to take any major drops anytime soon. Now, you already know that since you are a local. And you probably also know that getting through several more weeks of heat is going to require the help of your air conditioner. What you might not know is how to tell that something is wrong with your system.
If your air conditioning system isn’t able to keep up with the cooling needs for your home, it is likely that you need to schedule repairs. Watch out for these warning signs so you know that the time has come to contact our team for service.
5 Indicators That Your Air Conditioner Needs to Be Repaired
When something goes wrong with your air conditioner, you don’t want to ignore it. If you try to just bypass those problems it is likely that your system is going to reduce its ability to cool your home even more, or even suffer a full breakdown. Here are the indicators that you should be on the lookout for that will tell you that you need to schedule repairs sooner than later.
- Your system is making odd noises. No air conditioner will be totally silent when it runs. But there are plenty of sounds your AC is not supposed to make. If you hear sounds like rattling, screeching, hissing, or clicking it is likely that you need to have your system repaired.
- Your AC isn’t cooling like it used to. Maybe your system is still producing cool air but it isn’t doing the job it used to be able to do. If you are noticing hot spots around your home or it simply seems like something is off about your home comfort, don’t ignore it–schedule repairs ASAP.
- There is a reduction in airflow. Let’s say your air conditioner is working hard to produce cool air but you aren’t really feeling anything coming from your vents or air handlers. If this is the case, there may be a problem with the airflow in your system that needs to be fixed.
- Your energy bills are increasing. An energy bill can tell you a lot about what is going on it your home, including how well your air conditioner is working. If your energy bill is increasing, it means your AC unit is struggling.
- Your system is short cycling. Last but not least, interrupted or shortened cooling cycles are a big sign of a problem. Short cycling can be created by more than one issue in your air conditioner but the response should always be the same–schedule repairs as soon as you can.
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable, you will need professional help to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of your Malvern, PA HVAC system. We are the team of professional technicians you can rely on to keep you comfortable.
Serving Delaware County, Main Line, and the Philadelphia Area. Contact the professionals at Walsh Brothers Plumbing and Mechanical Services, Inc. for your next repair. Fast-Friendly-Reliable.